Moulsham Junior School Sports Premium Funding
Sports premium funding was introduced in September 2013 to support the teaching and learning within P.E in primary schools across the country. From that date Ofsted shall be reporting on P.E and sport provision and how schools spend their funding. P.E at Moulsham Junior School involves two hours of curriculum teaching per week per child, extra-curricular clubs that we offer the children before, during and after school and sports teams which are led by members of staff to enter different competitions.
For this academic year (September 2016-2017) the sum allocated to the school is calculated on the number of children on role at the school at the beginning of the academic year, plus a further £8,000 per school. This year the amount paid per eligible child was £5, plus the £8,000 per school. The total amount to be received will be £10,925.
The school recognises the importance of children receiving quality physical education and being given the opportunity outside the curriculum to take part in different sporting clubs and competitions. As a school therefore we have planned to use the money to benefit each of these areas.
For this year the targeted activities include the following:
- Employ a sport’s apprentice to help increase participation and excellence in Sport.
- Increase staff’s confidence and ability in the teaching of indoor PE.
- Maintain the attendance at sporting clubs.
- Maintain number of competitive events attended from previous year.
- Providing transport to sporting events.
- Purchasing of sports equipment and kit.
- Purchase assessment materials to increase children’s awareness of their own abilities within each sport as well as enable teachers to monitor progression within the subject.
At Moulsham Junior School we will continue to make sure our PE improvements are sustained and improved upon by money continuing to be invested in clubs at school. We will continue to build upon the number of children attending sporting events by having an individual responsible for coordinating all sporting events ,and all transport to the venues is provided by the school. At MJS our permanent sport's coach, Miss Elder, continues to take clubs, assist in PE lessons and organise many district sporting events.
Governors are closely monitoring the impact of the sports premium money on the children’s physical education. Information on the impact of these activities in 2016-17 will be published here.
Pride of Moulsham AwardsAll Day
Induction Day at MHS for children in 6 Hughes and 6 KempAll Day
Year 5 Parent LunchAll Day